If there could be only one word to describe the process for creating the Kimber Modern, it would be discerning. There is not an element that has not been exhaustedly considered in a quest for perfectly balanced warmth and design.
The exterior is dynamically clad in an energy efficient rain-screen of a slate-like concrete board running parallel to the sloped street. Windows and balconies protrude through the façade giving hints of the elegance within.
Other elements of interest:
• Dynamic resolution of the slope between the various levels of the building
• Crystalline expression of pure geometry with hints of the interior experience expressed on the façade
• Energy efficient rain-screen façade effectively cancels any heat from solar radiation
• Energy efficient 1” insulated low-e glass
• Deep window extrusions energize the interior experience while providing natural ventilation and casting dynamic shadows across the flat expression of the façade
• High quality Fleetwood sliding doors at the balconies and common spaces to provide a durable, satisfying feel
There is a duality found throughout the hotel that is mirrored in the distinct design languages employed outside versus inside. While the outside is beautifully intriguing and impressive, the inside is a mix of high design and inviting warmth. The finishes and features were selected with care more typical of a residence rather than a hotel.
Throughout the hotel you’ll discover:
• Ball ceiling fans from Modern Fan Company
• Offi Perch Lounge reading chairs
• Eames molded plastic desk chairs
• Euroluce Italian lighting throughout
• Philippe Starck and Duravit bathroom sinks
• Frosted glass bathroom walls and showers
• Pratt and Larson Yuta Silk 12 x 24 inch porceline floor tiles
• 3 / 4″ ice blue glass bathroom tiles
• Custom fabricated maple queen and king beds
• Sound resistant solid core maple doors
• Blackout curtains and roller shades
• Arne Jacobsen Egg chairs
• Floor to Ceiling glass