Kimber Clean Initiative
The Kimber Modern hotel takes our guest and staff’s health seriously, and that’s why we are implementing enhanced cleaning measures as part of the Kimber Clean Initiative.
The Kimber Clean Initiative shall serve as the official Kimber Modern policy under the City of Austin and Travis County ordinances issued in June 2020.
First and foremost, all Kimber Modern staff members are required to wear masks at all times while at the hotel.
Secondly, guests are required to wear masks when in the Kimber Modern Common Room and Outdoor Areas. If you do not have a mask, please contact us and we will provide you with a mask. We encourage guests to practice social distancing in shared spaces.
In an effort to protect the health of our guests, the following cleaning measures are currently in place at the Kimber:
- Hand sanitizing stations in common areas
- Public spaces and communal areas shall be disinfected multiple times daily
- Common area seating has been reconfigured to encourage social distancing
- Unless explicitly approved by management, staff shall not enter a guest room during a guest’s stay
- All rooms are currently treated with electrostatic disinfection fogging before another guest is allowed to stay in the room
If you have stayed with us before, you’ll notice a few other changes:
- Breakfast and snacks are no longer provided
- Disposable glasses will be available in the Common Room and Guest Rooms
- Hotel managers are available by phone and text
- If your stay lasts more than 5 nights, you’ll be contacted before arrival to discuss an optional room move during your stay
And, lastly, some important restrictions have not changed:
- The Kimber Modern is a 100% non-smoking property
- Pets are not allowed at the Kimber Modern
- Guests ages 16 and above are welcome
-The Kimber Modern Team